How To Clean Hardie Boards
Hardie boards are a popular brand of fiber cement siding. Basically made up of wood pulp and cement, they're durable, versatile, and come in a wide range of styles. They also last longer and are resistant to termites and mold. Cleaning them twice a year will ensure that your siding looks great. Keep reading to learn how to clean different types of stains off Hardie boards and other fiber cement siding.
1. Dust, dirt, and chalk: You'll need either a soft cloth or a soft brush. Don't use a scrub brush or other hard brush, or you can scratch the paint. Brush the dirt and then rinse the area with a garden hose. Repeat if necessary. If you're using a cloth, wet it with plain water and wipe the dirt away.
2. Oil or grease: Use a soft cloth and a mix of mild liquid dishwashing soap and water. Never use harsh cleaners on fiber cement siding. Wipe the dirty area to clean it, frequently rinsing with a garden hose.
3. Mold and mildew: For best results, use a cleaner made especially for the task, such as Mildew Check. Follow the instructions. When cleaning, use a sponge to scrub the dirty area and a soft cloth to wipe it. Afterward, use a garden hose to rinse it away.
One thing all of these methods have in common? They require a lot of time and elbow grease. Another option is pressure washing, but you have to be extremely careful not to use too much pressure or the wrong technique. Otherwise, you risk damaging the surface. Use a wide-fan tip about six inches from the wall, with a pressure setting less than 1,500 pounds per square inch (PSI).
Call Middle TN Wash Pros Today To Clean Your Hardie Boards
If you'd rather have experts clean your Hardie boards, call Middle TN Wash Pros today. We use soft washing to get rid of mold, mildew, and other stains. You'll love the way your home or business looks when we're done. While we're there, ask us about other parts of your property that might need attention. Some of the other cleaning services we offer include:
- Driveway cleaning: Arrive in style on clean concrete, asphalt, or exposed aggregate driveway. We can also seal your driveway, too.
- Fence cleaning: Clean fences look well-maintained and secure. Our fence cleaning is the best way to get grime and harmful organic growth off wood, vinyl, and metal.
- Roof cleaning: Got mold on your asphalt shingles? Our soft washing will get things back in tip-top shape.
And much more. At Middle TN Wash Pros, we love to go above and beyond to provide awesome customer service. If you have questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call. There's no project too big or small for our pressure washing expertise. Got an old house that hasn't been washed in ages? We're here to help. Need a quick storefront cleaning in time for the weekend? Contact us to get a free quote. No matter what your cleaning or driveway sealing needs, we're here for you, so call us today!