How to Clean Asphalt Shingles
Asphalt shingles remain the most popular roofing material in Middle Tennessee. They're well-suited for many styles of roof, including gable and barn-style roofs. With proper care, they can last for decades. Experts recommend cleaning them once a year. If you want to make sure your asphalt shingles stay in good shape, keep reading for how to clean asphalt shingles.
1. First, make sure to wear safety gear, including goggles. If you don't have a store-bought cleaner, you can prepare your own solution. Use a 50/50 mix of water and household bleach. To limit harmful splashes, pour the bleach into the water, not the other way around. Put a gallon of the mix or store-bought cleaner into a sprayer and get your ladder ready.
Remember to set the ladder on a firm, level surface, and don't lean it where it can crush the gutter. You're going to want to work from the ladder, if possible. If you have to walk on the roof, use a harness, or consider hiring a professional to clean your roof.
2. Apply your cleaner. Go from top to bottom and resist the temptation to use extra cleaner on dirty areas. Let the mixture sit for twenty minutes, then rinse it off with a garden hose. Note: If you have a roof with a steep pitch, make sure you purchase the appropriate cleaner to ensure it sticks to the shingles.
Algae should whiten and clear away gradually, while the moss should wilt and fall away with the next rain. Want a quicker way? Call Middle TN Wash Pros today to clean your asphalt shingles!
Find out why people love our asphalt shingle cleaning and other roof cleaning services.
At Middle TN Wash Pros, we use soft washing to clean your asphalt shingles. It's a gentle way to clean away moss, algae, and stains. Too much pressure can blast away roofing pellets, but our soft washing relies on environmentally friendly cleaners to do the hard work. Interested in a free estimate? Give us a call today!
We offer many other services besides roof cleaning. Our pressure washing is the perfect way to clean all sorts of surfaces, including:
- Decks: Our deck cleaning will get your deck or patio spotless. Wood decks, composite decks, and concrete all look great when we're done.
- Fences: Fence cleaning is a great way to boost your property's curb appeal. We clean picket fences, vinyl fences, and more.
- Driveways: Arrive home on a clean driveway. We'll get rid of spots, scuff marks, and grime to give you your driveway back.
And much more. Need your exterior windows cleaned? Our soft washing will get them sparkling. We also offer commercial pressure washing, so if you own a restaurant or store you want to spiffy up, give us a call! Nothing makes us happier than helping our community look cleaner and healthier. If you have special requests or questions about pressure washing, simply give us a call. We'll be glad to discuss any concerns you have and offer a price-competitive discount. Remember, your home or business deserves the best, so make an appointment today with Middle TN Wash Pros!