How To Clean An Exposed Aggregate Driveway
Exposed aggregate concrete is an attractive, durable choice for a driveway. It's skid-proof to walk on, and it visually matches a large number of other surface styles. Compared to regular concrete, it requires slightly more maintenance and can be trickier to clean because particles lodge easily in the decorative top layer. Keep reading to find out how to use pressure washing to clean your exposed aggregate driveway.
1. Thoroughly sweep the area with a broom. This helps ensure there will be fewer loose pieces of debris that can fly around.
2. Get the pressure washer and select the white nozzle. This is the 40-degree spray fan nozzle. It produces the weakest stream and is best suited for older, weathered concrete as well as exposed aggregate because there's less risk of chipping.
3. Choose the proper amount of pressure. Check with the manufacturer's instructions to get the right setting for your exposed aggregate concrete, but typically it will be between 2,100 to 3,800 pounds per square inch (PSI).
4. Apply your cleaner to the surface. Follow the instructions and avoid the temptation to use more cleaner on heavier stains. One layer of cleaner should suffice for the whole driveway. Let it sit for the recommended amount of time.
5. Begin using the pressure washer. Always point the spray nozzle away from the edge. This way, you lessen the chance of chipping. Hold the nozzle six inches to a foot away from the surface and make left to right motions to clear an area. Then go up and down to reduce the chance of streaks.
6. When it's done, you'll have a super clean driveway to enjoy. If cleaning your exposed aggregate driveway sounds like a job you'd rather leave to the experts, make an appointment now with Middle TN Wash Pros.
Don't settle for less! Call us for premium exposed-aggregate driveway cleaning at competitive prices.
At Middle TN Wash Pros, we offer the best in quality, affordable exposed-aggregate driveway cleaning. We'll keep your driveway free of mildew, grime, and other stains. Want to get your exposed-aggregate driveway sealed? It's the perfect way to keep out contaminants and help your driveway last longer. Call us to learn more!
Besides driveway cleaning, we offer many other services for keeping your home or business property spotless. One that you might consider along with driveway cleaning is fence cleaning. We clean vinyl, metal, and synthetic fences to give you a look you can be proud of. A clean fence not only boosts curb appeal, but it also helps the entire property look more secure and well-kept. If you'd like to learn more about how we can eliminate mildew, pollen, and more from your fence, call Middle TN Wash Pros today.
Customer service is our top priority at Middle TN Wash Pros. Whether you're restoring an old building or giving a quick touch-up to a new home, we're there to make sure you succeed. To see some of our recent work, browse the rest of our site, or give us a call today. We can schedule a free consultation and offer a competitively priced quote without sacrificing any of the quality. To get started, call us today!